Advokat - är en skyddad titel. Yrket Advokat hör till de så kallade Reglerade yrken. Här kan du se info om vilka andra yrken som också hör till de Reglerade yrken.
Även om en advokat ska kunna arbeta inom många olika områden har det blivit vanligt under senare år att man specialiserar sig, t.ex. inom affärsjuridik.
Advokaten ska bevaka klientens intressen inom ramen för lagstiftning och god advokatsed. Som advokat arbetar man med rådgivning och förhandlingar i domstol. Under rättegången förhör advokaten vittnen och parter och lägger fram sin syn på ärendet. Som advokat har man tystnadsplikt och måste vara oberoende i alla avseenden.
En advokat kan också få i uppdrag att försvara någon som är misstänkt för brott. Advokaten tar del av förundersökningsprotokoll och annat utredningsmaterial som finns i ärendet och träffar klienten för samtal, man söker fram de rättsregler som gäller och den praxis, hur man dömt i andra liknande fall, som är tillämpliga.
Bara den som har antagits som ledamot i Sveriges Advokatsamfund får i Sverige kalla sig för en advokat. För att bli antagen som medlem måste man ha en svensk juristexamen. För sökande från andra EU / EES-länder och Schweiz gäller särskilda regler.
För att bli advokat ska man först genomgå 4,5 års juridisk utbildning och ta juristexamen vid ett universitet. Därefter krävs minst tre års praktisk kvalificerad juridisk verksamhet, antingen genom tjänstgöring som biträdande jurist, vid en advokatbyrå eller motsvarande. Idag måste också alla som vill bli advokater uppnå advokatexamen, en utbildning som avslutas med en muntlig examination.
När man uppfyller alla dessa krav kan man ansöka om inträde i Advokatsamfundet. Ansökan om inträde prövas av Advokatsamfundets styrelse. Förutom de formella kraven måste den sökande också ha ordnad ekonomi, vara redbar och i övrigt lämplig för advokatverksamhet.
Arbetsförmedlingen bedömer att det blir fortsatt balans mellan utbud och efterfrågan på jurister både under det närmaste året och på fem till tio års sikt. Jurister har under många år haft en mycket stabil arbetsmarknad och den förväntas fortsätta att vara så även framöver.
Som advokat kan man vara anställd på en advokatbyrå eller driva en egen advokatbyrå, som egenföretagare.
Visste du att...?
... tuppen Maurice friades 5 sept 2019 av rätten på ön Oléron vid Frankrikes västra kust. Brottet tuppen anklagades för var att han galit för högt och för mycket.
Hej! We are Ingka Group Legal and Governance, part of Ingka Group, the biggest IKEA franchisee accounting for more than 90% of IKEA sales globally, and we bring IKEA to the lives of the many people in more than 30 countries around the world in store and online.
We’re thrilled to be recruiting for a lawyer with strong background in financial services and regulation to join our Digital and Procurement legal team, which is based in Malmö, Sweden. The role is based in Malmö, but we can consider basing it out of our Leiden office in the Netherlands. Don’t worry if you’re not based in Sweden or the Netherlands as we can help with relocation.
As Legal Counsel – Digital and Procurement (Financial Services/ D&I), you’ll be part of a team of eight that supports our global business, and our ambitious (and busy!) Digital, Procurement and Development and Innovation teams as we become even more digital and accessible for our customers and co-workers.
This role will have a focus on supporting our growing and developing financial services offering from a global perspective, working and coordinating with country legal managers and external counsel when needed and will support on wider procurement (e.g. professional services) and development and innovation matters.
Ingka has an entrepreneurial spirit and is fast paced, with a million things going on at once, so the role requires flexibility, agility, and the ability to prioritise (and re-prioritise!) but “tillsammans” (Swedish for togetherness) is key and makes Ingka a highly collaborative, supportive and positive place to work.
The role reports into Steven Whyte, our Legal Counsel Manager – Digital, who is based in Malmö.
A SNAPSHOT OF WHAT YOU´LL BE DOING:
• be responsible for providing and coordinating commercial focused and strategic legal advice to enable the development of financial services offerings that are compliant with relevant legislation and regulations;
• have a global perspective of legislation and regulations in the financial services and payments space and the ability to deep dive into key markets and co-ordinate with local country legal managers and external counsel when required to provide the necessary commercially focused advice;
• be responsible for staying up to date (and keeping the business updated) with the latest financial services legislation and regulations (e.g. banking, payments, privacy, etc.) in our key markets;
• facilitate understanding across the organisation of the impact of such legislation and regulations to enable the teams to plan, develop, deploy and create business cases for financial services products and solutions;
• network and create strong relationships in the financial services regulatory arena, to maximize the full potential of knowledge sharing and nurture opportunities for co-creation;
• keep track of emerging trends, technologies, regulations, and industry practices in the financial services and payments space to identify how these can be deployed to competitive advantage;
• review, drafting and negotiating the commercial agreements, including master services agreements, development agreements etc.;
• advise on general commercial and legal matters;
• advise on the development and deployment of new tech, customer and co-worker experiences and initiatives, and our omnichannel and digital offerings;
• create and deliver appropriate training to empower co-workers with a degree of legal knowledge to enable them to identify legal and commercial risks;
• find commercially minded solutions to potential legal issues and problems; and
• always looking to see where you can add value!
WE´RE LOOKING FOR A QUALIFIED LAWYER WHO:
• has a strong background in financial services and the payments space from a global perspective as well as general commercial legal experience, gained either in private practice or in-house (some in-house experience would be good);
• has a very good understanding of business development and digital development within the financial, payments and/or data privacy space;
• has solid legal qualifications;
• is fluent in English – you must be able to write and negotiate contracts in English (it’s our business language);
• is a strong communicator and negotiator and has the ability to work with and influence management;
• is approachable and adaptable to ensure good interaction and collaboration as we are an international, diverse and inclusive business with people from all walks of life and backgrounds;
• is proactive and an all-rounder, able to take instructions and support others as well as working both independently and in close co-operation with co-workers around the world;
• resonates with IKEA values; and
• wants to work for a leading, global brand that is excited about the future and all the opportunities that lie ahead.
When the world is changing we’re the ones who make sure that we are up to date and that local and international laws are harmonised with the best interest of IKEA and our customers. We’re diligent and work together to make sure our business is on top of the legalities and guidelines governance requires. If people were to describe our team they would probably say that we have a lot of integrity, vast capacity and great dedication to detail. Oh, and that we have a lot of fun together.
Öppen för alla Vi fokuserar på din kompetens, inte dina övriga förutsättningar. Vi är öppna för att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.
Ingka Services AB
One day we are going to hand over our company to the next generation.
One day we are going to hand over this planet to the next generation.
Volvo Group is on an amazing fast paced journey, with major technological advancements within vehicle automation, electromobility, and connectivity.
To be able to ensure continuous high investments in R&D the Volvo Groups profitability and turnover needs to be secured. This results in higher Intellectual Property intensity on the market, convergence between industries and many new challenges ahead. Do you want to be a part of it?
Thanks to the great work which has been done, and the great work which needs to be done in the coming years, we are expanding the Patents, Legal, Trademark&Design and the IP Strategy & Portfolio team in Volvo Group Intellectual Property.
Who are we, your new colleagues? What is our offer to you?
In Volvo Group IP we have three highly specialized and competent teams; Patents, IP Strategy & Portfolio and IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs with IP responsibility for the complete Volvo Group. The Patents team is global with locations in France, Korea, Sweden and the US. We are now looking for a Patent Attorney to join our highly skilled team in Gothenburg, Sweden.
The Patents team in Sweden currently comprises 7 colleagues which work in different technology areas. You will also be part of a cross functional stream team focusing on a specific technology area. The diversity in the stream team allows to efficiently use the strength of each team member. You will function as a patent expert in the stream team.
You will be located at Volvo Group Headquarters in Gothenburg together with about 35 colleagues in Volvo Group IP.
Patent Attorneys is an expert in matters relating to patents. Patent Attorneys are responsible for protecting inventions and obtaining patent protection, and challenging third party patent rights to leverage Volvo Group’s leading technology position. Patent Attorneys are also responsible for giving proactive advice to R&D projects, inventors and other stakeholders relating to proprietary and third party patent rights. You will also have responsibility to support and contribute in further development of IP services and processes.
The Swedish team including you, as well as the manager responsible for the global teams, report directly to the Group Director Patents. The position offers a global working environment with dedicated and professional colleagues.
You will also be responsible for:
- Handle IP generation / invention harvesting workshops and provide advice and guidelines on inventions, invention disclosures, patent protection strategies and proprietary as well as third party patent rights
- Support the Volvo Group patent creation process by drafting and prosecuting patent applications and defending Volvo Group patents challenged by third parties before a patent office
- Prepare and render patent-related opinion such as patentability, freedom to operate, including validity and infringement, opinions
- Provide advice on patent-related matters, such as patent opposition, appeal, freedom to operate, including validity and infringement, as well as classification and use of proprietary patent rights and portfolios
- Manage external IP firms in connection with patent related-services, including requirements, compliance with service items and quality of services and work products
- Provide input on the Volvo Group IP Plan
- Keep abreast of the development of patent law and practice of major jurisdictions
- Provide support, as applicable, to IP Legal, Trademarks & Designs and others, in contentious and/or enforcement patent matters, IP-related agreements and M&A matters
Who are you?
We don´t know who you are yet, but one thing that is sure is that you have high integrity, strong personal credibility and a positive, co-operative can-do mindset. You thrive in a fast moving environment and multitask effectively. You also see things that need to be done before they´ve even occurred and are valued for your high energy levels which you always try to transfer to your colleagues.
If you are passionate about IP and creating value, then this truly is the position for you. We also believe you have:
Education and Experience
- Technical degree, i.e. Master of Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working as a Patent Attorney, experience as a consultant and in-house are both valuable to us
- Preferably you are qualified as a European Patent Attorney, or you are part qualified with the ambition to qualify. Preferably, you have at least a few years of post-qualification experience or relevant similar experience
- Expert knowledge of patent law and practice of major jurisdictions, including obtaining and defending proprietary patent rights and challenging third party patent rights
- Expert knowledge of rendering patent-related opinions, e.g. patentability, opposition, freedom to operate, validity and infringement opinions
Good English communication skills, both oral and written are essential.
What are you waiting for? The future is here.
We take responsibility for our future society and want you to be a part of it.
For further information, please contact:
Linus Eklund, Group Director Patents, +46 739 021 268
“At Volvo Group we are actively working to establish teams that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc. We find that well balanced working teams increases group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions”.
Volvo Business Services AB
Are you interested in using and developing your legal skills in an international, project-driven environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic in-house legal team in renewable energy? Join our Northern Europe Legal Team.
The Nordex Group’s Global Legal Department acts as a business partner to all business functions relation to the worldwide activities of the Nordex Group mainly on project, commercial and corporate law matters. The Northern Europe Legal team’s focus is on the preparation and negotiation of complex agreements for the supply of wind turbines and ancillary works for wind farms, including associated maintenance agreements, sub-contracts, financing and collateral instruments. The region Northern Europe currently comprises mainly the jurisdictions Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Ireland, and the UK.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our Northern Europe Legal team. The team consists of four lawyers, two based in Manchester, one in Dublin, one in Helsinki and one in Uppsala.
The position on offer is based in Uppsala, but is envisaged that frequent travel will be required within Europe, especially to Hamburg. Within your function as Legal Counsel, you will report to the Director Legal Northern Europe who is located in the UK and who reports directly to the VP Legal Europe who is based in Hamburg.
The tasks and responsibilities of a Legal Counsel comprise, in particular
- Drafting and negotiation of complex supply and installation and/or turnkey agreements and associated service & maintenance agreements;
- Drafting and negotiation of purchasing agreements with suppliers of the Nordex Group;
- Claims handling with customers and suppliers, in particular in respect to warranty claims (including management of external law firms, where required);
- Advising on corporate matters and corporate house-keeping;
- Ad hoc advice in respect of other agreements related to the Nordex Group’s activities, e.g. lease agreements, technology agreements etc.;
- Preparing standard forms and templates, as well as providing legal in-house training.
Do you have the following qualifications, skills and interests? We would like to get to know you!
- Excellent academic qualification and admission to practice law in an EU jurisdiction, ideally Swedish or Finnish law qualified;
- Ideally 3 years’ experience in private practice or in-house. Experience in the construction and engineering or energy industries is of advantage;
- Knowledge of concepts in an EPC contract, with ideally some experience with FIDIC, AB99, AB04/ABT06, YSE1998;
- Knowledge of corporate law, particularly that of one or more jurisdictions within the region Northern Europe;
- Ability to identify and manage complex legal issues whilst maintaining commercial focus in the execution and accomplishment of the relevant transactions;
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, organisation, planning and presentation skills are essential;
- Excellent English language skills are a must with ideally one other European language, including ability to negotiate contracts in those languages;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Capable of working both independently and with the support from, and in cooperation with the other members of the Nordex Group Global Legal Department;
- Risk and claim management, and insurance know-how are a plus;
- Willingness to undertake some travel.
We wish to fill this position as soon as possible, so please don't hesitate to submit your application via the link below.
For further info about the position please feel free to contact
Suvi Launiainen, Head of People & Culture Nordics at [email protected]
Nordex Sverige AB
Bolandsgatan 15 G 2TR
Utopia R&D Tech AB