Som Leveldesigner är du "spelvärldens arkitekt".
Du är en dataspelsutvecklare, men som är särskilt ansvarig för att sätta ihop det som programmerare och grafiker skapar vad gäller spelmiljöer och spelupplevelser.
Det är leveldesignern som ser till att banan är intressant och rolig, men du arbetar samtidigt utifrån givna koncept.
Som utbildad leveldesigner kan du arbeta som Level Designer, Mission Scripter eller som Level Artist.
- Level designer/Leveldesigner
We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Lead Level Designer at Massive Entertainment you’ll be challenged with supporting, mentoring, and managing a team of Level Designers; to conceptualize, script, and develop fun levels for our players to solve and accomplish. You’ll ensure that all levels and related experiences are delivered on time, in-line with the narrative and artistic direction, and to the highest possible quality.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden and requires working onsite. We kindly ask you to apply with your CV and message to the hiring manager in English. Applications will be reviewed whilst the job ad is posted.
- Developing the Level Design vision together with our core Directors, and overseeing the implementation of this vision in-game, with the players experience at the center;
- Coaching and supporting a team of Level Designers with constructive feedback and careful planning;
- Developing and overseeing the rules and metrics for gameplay spaces (rational level design);
- Defining and refining level layouts to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow;
- Validating the team’s efforts to ensure quality objectives are met and are in-line with the game vision, especially through iterative reviews to test the player experience;
- Working closely with stakeholders in the narrative and art departments to conceive and design environments that are in line with the lore, but innovative and visually impressive too;
- Collaborating with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in building our levels.
You have a passion for Level Design but you also take pride in enabling and developing the Designers around you, coaching your team to deliver the highest possible quality. You have previous experience driving a team through a AAA game release (or a similar-sized production) and are a great people manager - communicating fluently in English (our company language).
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Proven professional experience leading Level Design within major game production(s);
- Extensive Level Design knowledge and principles, incorporating AAA open world games;
- Proven Experience as a Level Designer through several dev-cycles;
- A degree in Game/Level Design, a similar field, or the equivalent work experience.
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 650 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Ubisoft Entertainment Sweden AB
Technology & DevelopmentJob Description:
The Crash team supports the new games studio in our collaborative studio mission to create and launch the next 1 billion dollar franchise. The team collaborates with game teams as well as shared tech teams in order to create and maintain the tech that enables the future of King's mobile game development.
Your role within our kingdom
As our Java Backend Developer you will be a part of a team with the mission to build and maintain technology to support the studio in creating our new franchises. This includes integrating with existing tech, developing new creative solutions for our games, investigating problems reported by the game teams and coaching fellow developers. You will work in close collaboration with our game teams and enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your programming expertise.
You will work in a dynamic environment where work is driven by a changing studio portfolio and the requirements of the game teams. Therefore you should be a fast- learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology and be able to jump into any project to quickly adapt and resolve complex problems. You're excited about doing what's best for the games and adaptable enough to work on different things day to day based on their needs. You are passionate about the quality that you and the teams around you deliver automating and improving the processes whenever you can.
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for system development, new technologies, large scale systems and games in particular. You’re an excellent communicator, happy dealing with people from different business units and with varying degrees of technical savvy. Therefore, you’re able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation. You are not afraid to embrace our DevOps methodology: you promote your code to our production systems and look after it while in production. Other skills include:
- Able to architect, design and implement components, features and systems in Java.
- Excited about working on a live game product with a massive number of active users.
- Knowledge of databases and general web development.
- Able to support game servers from a Level 3 support perspective, investigating issues when escalated.
- Experienced working with UNIX environments and Git.
- Great communication between our dedicated ops team, client developers and other backend developers.
- Ability to work with different teams and provide mentorship to junior developers
- Experience with developing backend for mobile apps.
- Experience with working with server authoritative solutions.
- C# and Unity Knowledge.
- Client development experience.
- Experience with Gradle build systems.
- Experience using Jenkins or other CI systems for automation.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Familiarity with web protocols, application servers and web servers.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Star Stable Entertainment AB
Star Stable Entertainment AB