The Absolut Company is looking for a Microbiology Specialist for the Operations R&D team in Åhus/Nöbbelöv
The main purpose of the position is to provide theoretical and practical expertise regarding fermentation and hygiene issues to drive the overall research and development of new products and processes to expected results. The position includes leading own projects and working as a specialist in other projects.
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge about fermentation
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge about hygiene and microbiological stabilization
- Lead projects linked to research & development, exploration or production optimization
- Lead projects together with external parties (such as universities or research institutes) or within Pernod Ricard
- Plan and conduct experiments within these areas
- Participate as a specialist in new product development projects or production issues that require microbiological expertise and input
- Stay up to date on the development of knowledge in the area
- Acquire and share knowledge within Pernod Ricard
- Lead research & development/exploration projects; ensure delivery according to project time plan
- Effective communication and support to New Product Development/Research & Development and Operations teams
- Expert knowledge of food microbiology
- Identify potential risks connected to food safety in product development
- Collaboration and troubleshooting skills
You have a Ph. D. in Biotechnology or equivalent and, if not a Ph. D at least 5+ years´ experience from similar roles. You have good and long experience of fermentation. You need technical knowledge to be able to implement the fermentation in scale-up processes. Specific knowledge of food microbiology is an asset. Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to details and an ability to deeply interpret data and prepare reports are essential, as is lab experience from fermentation and experience from project management. You are a self-directed team player with good collaboration skills and an ability to communicate complex information.
You need to be fluent in English, skilled in the Microsoft Office package and have a passenger car driver’s license. Fluent in Swedish is an asset.
You will be part of a global organization, working with iconic brands in a world-class learning environment. The Absolut Company is together with Pernod Ricard the world leader in premium spirits. Pernod Ricard has a long tradition of entrepreneurship and innovation and The Absolut Company is one of six brand companies within Pernod Ricard. At The Absolut Company, we are responsible for defining the global marketing strategy and production for brands such as Absolut Vodka, Absolut Elyx, Malibu & Kahlúa.
We are a proud company with a genuine Passion for progression and company values; We are T A C - Together – Audacious - Committed. Read more about us at https://www.pernod-ricard.com/the-absolut-company/
Interested? You are welcome to send your application no later than 2021-09-19 in English. We apply ongoing selection, and the position may be filled before the last application date.
The Absolut Company AB
SGS Analytics Sweden AB