Forksningsingenjör kan man bli inom en mängd olika kunskapsområden.
Vad kan en forskningsingenjör ha för arbetsuppgifter inom t ex skogsindustrin? En mängd olika saker.
Vad kan en forskningsingenjör ha för arbetsuppgifter inom diskret matematik?
Man kan vara anställd vid Institutionen för matematik och matematisk statistik vid ett Universitet, för att arbeta inom området extremal kombinatorik och/eller diskret sannolikhetsteori.
De huvudsakliga arbetsuppgifter är att ge beräkningsstöd till forskning, exempelvis på området extremal kombinatorik inom området extremala problem för hypergrafer. Mer specifikt, är tanken att man bidrar med programmering och programutveckling för användning av flagalgebra för extremalproblem av olika typer.
Visste du att...?
... den regerande svensk mästare i "minne" kan minnas över 5.000 binära tal i en följd.
Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for an Optical system engineer in the area of Free Space Optics (FSO) and Optical Wireless Communication (OWC) research. As a technical expert, you are expected to participate and lead FSO/OWC systems research, a core business area for Huawei. You will have the opportunity to utilise your skills to make a better connected world. You will also analyse requirements, define and design systems and product architectures, and verify the proposed solutions by cooperating with
different teams, including system design, product design and product management.
- Research on OWC systems for 5G/6G networks and critical enabling technologies
- Use case and requirement analysis
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for current and future wireless networks.
- Evaluate the performance of new ideas/architectures by simulation
- Communication and Initiation of University Collaborations
- Prototyping of optical links
- PhD in Communication Engineering, Optical/Laser Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics, System Design or equivalent background with several years of experience.
- Experience with Product Development.
- Good understanding of optical and laser systems and OWC.
- Understanding of Optical Communication Standards, Free Space Optical Channels, Laser Devices, Optics Design, Optical MIMO, Orbital Angular Momentum and Optical OFDM is an advantage.
- Able to program in Scientific Programming Languages (Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team with hardware experts, antenna experts, algorithm experts and system experts.
- Should frequently travel between Huawei Sweden R&D office in Stockholm (Kista) and Gothenburg, short term travel in Europe and China.
- Should be able to work in a team and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated with strong organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
It is a consultancy position at the Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
As a Product Quality Assurance Manager (PQAM) you and your team will be responsible to plan-, coordinate-, control/monitor- and organize quality activities in assigned order projects based on customer requirements, product definition, internal instructions and regulations and applicable laws and regulations. The role also includes acting as Sales/Proposal support on request.
- Monitor and review work of PQAM, issue/review following documents:
- Inspection and Certification Requirements (ICR)
- Quality Control Plan (QCP).
- Final inspection report
- Shipment release Note.
- Manufacturing Record Book (MRB)-index.
- Inspection Release Note.
- Quality documentation.
- Application to EC Notified Body.
- Project specific process and test procedures.
- Order delivery specifications.
- Shop test and product safety reports.
- Have a very driving and target oriented personality with good analytical capabilities
- Are solution oriented and have good networking skills
- Minimum of 3 years professional PM related experience
- Have 5 years of experience in a relevant field
- Have previous experience from quality assurance
Please note that we do not handle applications received via e-mail.
For more information, please contact consultant manager Malin Tossavainen: [email protected]
About the company
Huawei Gothenburg research center is now looking for a sensing expert for indoor applications (e.g. Smart Homes). As a technical expert, you are expected to lead the sensor system and sensing algorithms R&D activities technically. You will participate in defining requirements, proposing solutions and conducting validation through simulations and measurements by cooperating with different teams.
- Lead R&D activities on indoor sensor architecture & algorithms.
- Provide insights on enabling technologies and propose key technical direction.
- Find innovative and cost-efficient solutions for current and future indoor sensing products.
- Contribute to the specification of the sensor system and subsystem requirements, the definition of signal waveforms, signal processing architecture and implementation.
- Evaluate and review the performance of new ideas/architectures.
- Support the design of new system concepts with a focus on high-performance sensing algorithms.
- PhD in Communication Engineering, Signal Processing, Computer Science or equivalent background.
- +5 year of industry experience in sensing algorithms design and optimization for indoor sensors, and up-to-date knowledge in sensor products and trends.
- Solid knowledge in radar signal processing for several of the following domains: occupancy sensing, human activity detection, signs-of-life monitoring, waveform optimization, high angular resolution algorithms, sensor fusion.
- Strong knowledge in radar hardware such as an oscillator, PLL, antenna, ADC, filter and the impact of hardware limitations on radar signal processing, and methods of applying signal processing to relax the hardware requirements.
- Experienced in E2E design and mass production of sensing products, and familiar with test and calibration methods, and be able to support product-driven solutions.
- Experienced with sensing solutions at 60-GHz, 77-GHz, 140-GHz, and familiar with global spectrum regulations in sensing applications.
- Should be able to lead cooperation with industry and academia partners.
- Mentor the project junior and mid-level engineers and review their work for quality results.
- Proficient with Matlab and Python programming languages
- Should be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team and be self-motivated with strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Should be able to travel short term in Europe and China.
It´s a full-time position at the Huawei R&D office in Gothenburg.