The engineering team in Sweden, is looking for a skilled Development Engineer. You will have the opportunity to become part of an internationally oriented and dedicated team aiming at providing exceptional propulsion solutions for nanosatellites to customers on the global market. GomSpace Sweden is a company mastering all relevant spacecraft propulsion concepts to meet a variety of mission requirements. Our heritage is cold gas propulsion solutions and now we are adding other technologies, mainly electric propulsion, to our suite of propulsion solutions.
If you find yourself excited about building real space systems and be a technical anchor point for the propulsion system design and integration into nanosatellite systems – then you should apply for this position.
The role includes the following tasks:
· Mechanical design and development of propulsion system architecture
· Work in the development phase all the way from initial concepts to operation in orbit
· Prepare documentation according to applied space engineering standards
· Participate in propulsion system assembly, integration, and verification
We expect the employee to have the following qualifications:
· Relevant technical education to at least a master’s degree
· Experience and understanding of system level requirements
· Work experience in mechanical design and CAD software
· Practical experience with laboratory work measuring design and development projects
· Fluent in English on a professional level
· Quality awareness – understanding the importance of following processes and documenting your work
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
· Comsol or equivalent analysis software tool
· Jira and Confluence
An education and experience from the space segment is preferred but not a firm requirement.
GomSpace Sweden offers employment in a dynamic growing and internationally oriented company with many challenging and exciting activities. We are an agenda-setting player in the nanosatellite business and expect our employees to contribute with dedication, skills, and the will to implement our mission. We are ambitious and believe that nanosatellites and our efforts will make a difference to society in the future. We have an informal working culture with transparent communication and an organization built up by multidisciplinary skills and engineering passion which we believe are essential to help our customers achieve their goals in space.
Sign Up for Our Mission:
Apply for the job on www.gomspace.com. You are welcome to send your application in either Swedish or English. Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis.
If you have any questions with regard to the position do not hesitate to contact Technology Manager, Sakari Teerikoski on [email protected]
The workplace is at our new facilities at Ulls Väg 29A, Uppsala, Sweden. Salary and start date will be individually negotiated.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that we will not accept applications and resumes via e-mail or by personal appearance. This is to protect and show consideration for your personal information. Apply for the job by following the link above.
GomSpace Sweden AB
Ulls väg 29A