This role is to part time lead the day to day activities within the AZ Sweden Covid-19 Assessment Laboratory according to the ISO 17025, responsible for COVID-19 screening of AstraZeneca employees. This role’s other part requires experience in NGS laboratory practice, additionally the individual will have outstanding team working skills and a proven track record of working collaboratively to ensure scientific excellence and robust delivery to science projects. You will be reporting to the Swedish Covid-19 Assessment Laboratory Head.
As the Associate Laboratory Head you will ensure team delivery of service in line with the predefined standard operating procedures (SOPs) and ISO 17025 accreditation. You will be responsible for the planning of staff daily activities, maximizing the deployment of available people and equipment resources. You will ensure both laboratory staff and data analysis staff have the information they need to perform their work by holding regular meetings and ad hoc discussions.
As the lab-based scientist in the NGS/Transcriptomics area - a hands-on lab-based role at the forefront of NGS /Transcriptomics technology with a focus on effective delivery. In this role you will drive NGS data generation for range of clinical and preclinical projects across a range of diseases, species and drug modalities.
- Onboarding and training new staff
- Attention to detail to ensure chain of custody of all processes, strictly adhering to ISO 17025 SOPs
- Working and communicating across a fast-paced cross organisational team.
- Work with human biological specimens. HepB Vaccination advised.
- In charge of ensuring that laboratory-based incidents and non-conformances are reviewed, evaluated and investigated in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the planning, and leading the execution of NGS projects
- Adopt innovative NGS/Transcriptomics processes developed by the team
- Contribute significantly to the maintenance of NGS lab processes and equipment
- To document staff feedback during weekly staff meetings, maintain the staff feedback log, review feedback for trends, identify risks and opportunities for improvement, and to present this at Management Review meetings.
- B.Sc. degree or higher in a relevant scientific discipline
- Experience of liquid handling automation
- Planning and execution of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) projects
- Experience in molecular biology and transcriptomics projects
- Experience with RT-PCR data analysis
- Work in BSL1 and BSL2 lab with previous experience of aseptic technique
- Work with infectious samples containing SARS-Cov-2
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- That you enjoy working with people in an agile environment
- Previous team leader experience is desirable.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Deadline 2021-12-03, selection and interviews will be ongoing. The position may be filled before the last day of application, therefore, apply as soon as possible. We look forward to your application!
For more information: Kerstin Karlsson [email protected] or Veronika Knudsen [email protected]
About the company
40 900 kr
Balans på arbetsmarknaden!
Inom detta yrke råder balans på svensk arbetsmarknad inom den närmaste tiden.
Jobbar du inom detta yrke och tycker att något saknas eller inte stämmer i vår beskrivning?
Vi lyssnar gärna om du vill hjälpa till!