We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically curious scientist to join Mechanistic & Structural Biology as a Senior Research Scientist. You will have the opportunity to utilize your scientific capabilities to contribute to the progression of key drug discovery programs in a highly collaborative environment. The position will be located at our vibrant R&D site in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will apply proven cell biology expertise for profiling of the effects and mechanism of action of compound treatment in in vitro cellular assays. This is a consulting position at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a lab-based role focused on generating in vitro pharmacology data in support of drug discovery projects globally with focus on SAR profiling and detailed mechanism of action data in cellular models across multiple modalities including small molecules, PROTACS and therapeutic oligonucleotides. We offer a highly rewarding scientific environment with ample learning opportunities and an expectation to publish new findings. You will be an experienced lab-based scientist, able to interact across a broad range of therapeutic projects and global initiatives within Discovery Sciences and externally. You will also represent the group on Project Teams and drive scientific and technical innovation in our strategic area, including the identification and development of innovative processes and workflows to deliver high quality and detailed data efficiently.
- Ph.D. in Pharmacology, Biochemistry or a related discipline or a BSc/MSc degree with significant proven experience, preferably in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industry
- Extensive experience in molecular and cellular biology techniques, including qPCR, applied to physiologically relevant cellular assays.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills and an ability to operate effectively in a multi-disciplinary research environment and team
- Independent analysis and evaluation of complex data and delivery of data to agreed timelines
- First-rate decision-making skills, coupled with tenacity to see decisions through, even in situations of ambiguity
- Scientific visibility and leadership through project contributions and external publications
- Experience with additional technologies for quantifying levels and turn-over of nucleic acids in cells is considered meriting
- Expertise in the design, development and validation of cellular assays for compound profiling
- Experience with cells grown in 3D cultures and organoids
- Proven ability in providing technical leadership and guidance to others
- Track record of identifying and adopting scientific and technical advances
- Excellent problem-solving skills, not limited to own area of expertise
- A proven publication track-record from several labs, such as a postdoctoral experience, in a relevant area
About the company
Randstad Life Sciences is part of Randstad, the world leader in recruitment and consulting with operations in 38 countries. With this global network, in combination with our strong local foundation, we can offer a wide range of varied and developing assignments and jobs for you who are a specialist in life science. Our mission is to help you reach your true potential with your career in focus!
The Absolut Company is looking for a Microbiology Specialist for the Operations R&D team in Åhus/Nöbbelöv
The main purpose of the position is to provide theoretical and practical expertise regarding fermentation and hygiene issues to drive the overall research and development of new products and processes to expected results. The position includes leading own projects and working as a specialist in other projects.
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge about fermentation
- Provide theoretical and practical knowledge about hygiene and microbiological stabilization
- Lead projects linked to research & development, exploration or production optimization
- Lead projects together with external parties (such as universities or research institutes) or within Pernod Ricard
- Plan and conduct experiments within these areas
- Participate as a specialist in new product development projects or production issues that require microbiological expertise and input
- Stay up to date on the development of knowledge in the area
- Acquire and share knowledge within Pernod Ricard
- Lead research & development/exploration projects; ensure delivery according to project time plan
- Effective communication and support to New Product Development/Research & Development and Operations teams
- Expert knowledge of food microbiology
- Identify potential risks connected to food safety in product development
- Collaboration and troubleshooting skills
You have a Ph. D. in Biotechnology or equivalent and, if not a Ph. D at least 5+ years´ experience from similar roles. You have good and long experience of fermentation. You need technical knowledge to be able to implement the fermentation in scale-up processes. Specific knowledge of food microbiology is an asset. Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to details and an ability to deeply interpret data and prepare reports are essential, as is lab experience from fermentation and experience from project management. You are a self-directed team player with good collaboration skills and an ability to communicate complex information.
You need to be fluent in English, skilled in the Microsoft Office package and have a passenger car driver’s license. Fluent in Swedish is an asset.
You will be part of a global organization, working with iconic brands in a world-class learning environment. The Absolut Company is together with Pernod Ricard the world leader in premium spirits. Pernod Ricard has a long tradition of entrepreneurship and innovation and The Absolut Company is one of six brand companies within Pernod Ricard. At The Absolut Company, we are responsible for defining the global marketing strategy and production for brands such as Absolut Vodka, Absolut Elyx, Malibu & Kahlúa.
We are a proud company with a genuine Passion for progression and company values; We are T A C - Together – Audacious - Committed. Read more about us at https://www.pernod-ricard.com/the-absolut-company/
Interested? You are welcome to send your application no later than 2021-09-19 in English. We apply ongoing selection, and the position may be filled before the last application date.
The Absolut Company AB
SGS Analytics Sweden AB