GIS Analyst SE – BA Wind (Geographical Information System)
Vattenfall is one of Europe`s largest electricity generators and producers of heat. We operate in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving fossil free living within one generation.
We are looking for a GIS Analyst, in our Business Area Wind, supporting Vattenfall’s Onshore and Offshore Wind portfolio as well as other non-hydro Renewable activities.
Your job as a GIS Analyst:
Vattenfall uses GIS and other specialist software to support the screening, design, development, construction, operation and data management of wind farms. The GIS Analyst, will be carrying out this work for onshore projects in the Sweden. In addition, contributions to onshore and offshore wind projects in the UK, Denmark, Germany and Sweden, as well as other renewable projects can be expected. You will be part of an international GIS team with most team members being geographically remote.
We are looking for a candidate who can work in a structured way, following internal procedures, with a strong passion for GIS and working with various geographic datasets (including engineering site design data).
Your main responsibilities as an GIS Analyst:
• Implement all work strictly according to internal GIS Procedures including metadata;
• Your key tasks are to maintain project GIS Databases with new data creation or data import, while also providing mapping support, WebGIS upkeep and GIS analysis for all relevant projects using ESRI ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro;
• Data management for incoming/outgoing GIS data. Liaise with consultants ensuring data is compliant with contract requirements;
• Liaise with other Wind departments to support the design of the wind farm layout (wind turbines and associated infrastructure);
• Contribute to increasing team efficiencies, such as GIS automation or bespoke tools, utilising Python scripting for example;
• In the wider role actively participate in further development of GIS within Business Area Wind.
Your profile as a GIS Analyst:
• Graduate qualified in geography, engineering, computing, or Earth science degree;
• Experience using ESRI ArcGIS is essential;
• An interest in renewable energy in general, and wind energy in particular;
• Ability to produce high quality data and geographical outputs (static maps and WebGIS);
• Ability to liaise with technical and environmental specialists;
• Good analytical and problem solving skills;
• Excellent record keeping with attention to detail and accuracy;
• Experience using AGOL, CAD and ArcGIS Pro would be advantageous;
• Experience working with Swedish GIS data would be advantageous;
• Experience using Python programming language would be advantageous;
• Excellent computer and communication (English and Swedish) skills is essential;
• Good teamwork is essential.
Solna/Stockholm, Sweden, occasional travel within northern Europe should be expected.
For more information about the position welcome to contact hiring manager Anthony Hunt recruitment process you are welcome to contact our recruiter Anneli Jarlsheim, [email protected]
Trade union representatives in Sweden: Michelle von Gyllenpalm (Akademikerna), Anders Bohlin (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Juha Siipilehto (SEKO). You will reach them via Vattenfall switch board, +46 08-739 50 00.
Strengthened by our goal, we are determined to enable fossil-free living within a generation!
At Vattenfall, we believe, that the only way to make fossil free living within a generation possible is to power and help manage all energy-aspects of our customers’ lives to create climate smarter living building by building, district by district, city by city.
Diversity and inclusion – in everything we do
Read more on how we work with diversity and inclusion here:
Due to GDPR regulations, we kindly request that you only apply via our website. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
We look forward receiving your application!
Öppen för alla Vi fokuserar på din kompetens, inte dina övriga förutsättningar. Vi är öppna för att anpassa rollen eller arbetsplatsen efter dina behov.